Most of us know that it’s not very healthy to be around air pollution. But we Canadians spend up to 90% of our time indoors, and indoor air can be even be 2 to 5 times more polluted than the air outdoors.
If your indoor air could be improved, Knight carries a full line of:
- Humidifiers and dehumidifiers.
- Furnace air filters, including HEPA systems and systems that can handle pollutants like VOCs.
- Air purifiers, including UV systems that kill bacteria and mould spores.
- We also provide duct cleaning services.
These air cleaning systems are more effective and efficient than the simple filter cartridges that you buy at the hardware store to protect your furnace. Our systems are designed to work to clean the air for your entire home, and we can recommend the right filtration system for your needs. Seniors get a 5% discount.
Could Your Indoor Air Be Healthier?
If you don’t smoke or live near a major industrial area or highway, you may be thinking that you’re indoor air quality is probably fine, even if it gets a little stale in winter. We hope that’s the case, but for many homes it’s not.
One important indication of an indoor air quality problem is your health. Do you experience problems like these every winter?
- Dry, itchy skin, eyes or nose.
- Aggravated allergy symptoms.
- Increased/ongoing sore throat problems, even when you don’t have other cold symptoms.
- Increased asthma problems.
- Do you always have cold symptoms, and your doctor says you’re fine otherwise?
Poor indoor air quality could be the cause. In winter, your windows are closed and the air inside your home is mostly recirculated by your heating equipment. In an enclosed space, problems with your air can get worse.
Sources of indoor air pollution include:
- Pollution from outside.
- Gasses released by materials inside your home, like pressed wood products, wood finishes and furniture.
- Gasses released by fireplaces, gas stoves and other combustion sources.
- Biological pollutants like dust mites, pollen spores, mould and mildew, bacteria and viruses.
- Cleaners, air fresheners, and other household products.
Even if your home looks clean, these problems can still exist. In fact, according to Health Canada, dust mites are the only known cause of asthma in otherwise healthy people.
Want Better Air Quality in Your Home?
Furnace filters and other air quality systems can help you get improved health and more enjoyment out of your home. Knight’s air quality experts can help you find the right solutions to improve the air you and your family are breathing.
We use trusted brands like:
You can use the handy form below to explain what your concerns and needs are. A Knight representative will get back to you as fast as possible. If you prefer to talk by phone, call us at 403-287-8980.