Concerned About Your Water?
If you’re concerned about hard water, Knight provides water softeners and other water treatment installations for your home
Calgary’s water tends to be hard, and that can mean build up on your water heater, dishwasher, washing machine and even inside your plumbing. Over time, this build up, often called “scale” can lead to problems or shortened lifespan of your plumbing or equipment.
Benefits of Treating Your Hard Water with a Water Softener
The main reason to get a water softener? Protecting your plumbing and water heater from scale build up.
- Prolong the life of your plumbing and ensure you get full water flow.
- Help your water heater and other appliances last longer.
- Lower gas bills from heating water. You should notice hotter water, and may even want to turn down the temperature on your heater.
Soft water is one of those things that will make life better in a lot of little ways:
- You’ll use less soap and detergent.
- Your hair and skin will feel softer, even though you use less moisturizer and conditioner.
- Your clothes may appear whiter and brighter.
- Water will just plain taste better.
Once you install it, you’ll wonder how you lived without it.
Our Salt-Free Water Softener Brands
Knight carries only brands we know and trust. We believe you’ll get great results with them:
Both systems use an electronic system, not salt, to soften the water. This is great news because:
- The water is safe for people on low-sodium diets to drink.
- Over time, they will remove existing scale from your plumbing and appliances.
- No heavy sacks of salt to carry around.
- You’ll also avoid that “slippery water” feeling that you get from salted water, like you can’t get the soap off your hands.
- They’re better for the environment because there’s no salt going into our rivers.
Your friendly Knight technician will recommend the right system for your needs.
What Causes Hard Water?
Hard water is harmless, it’s just got more calcium and magnesium in it. As water flows underground, it can pick up these and other minerals from the rocks. The water flowing into Calgary comes from rivers that originate in the Rockies, where it can become highly mineralized.
The hardness of the water can vary on location and time of year. To find out the exact numbers, you can check out this page from the City of Calgary.
Request a Water Softener Price Quote
It’s easy – just fill out our form below. There’s no obligation to buy.