The Heart and Soul of Knight
At Knight Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, our goal is to provide the best experience from start to finish for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. To do this, we stay true to our company mission, core values, and our strict code of ethics.
Our mission is:
- Product – To constantly educate ourselves and develop the latest plumbing, heating and air conditioning products and services with a continued commitment to incorporating the best business practices that respect people, the earth, the environment and the law.
- Economic – To operate Knight Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning on a sustainable basis, while providing the highest value for our customers.
- Social – To operate the company in a way that actively recognizes the central role that business plays in society by initiating innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally.
Our Core Values
The following list of core values reflects what is truly important to us as an organization. These are not values that change from time to time, situation to situation or person to person. By maintaining these core values, regardless of how large a company Knight Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning becomes, we can preserve what has always been special about our company.
- Passion For Our Products and Services – We appreciate and celebrate the difference quality products can make in one’s life and are committed to excellence.
- Quality Standards – We have high standards and our goal is to sell the highest quality products we possibly can. We define quality by evaluating the integrity and appearance of all of the products we carry. We are buying agents for our customers and not the selling agents for the manufacturers.
- Our Customers – Our customers are our most important element in our business, and the lifeblood of our business. Only by satisfying our customers first do we have the opportunity to satisfy the needs of our other stakeholders.
- Extraordinary Customer Service – We go to extraordinary lengths to satisfy and delight our customers. We want to meet or exceed your expectations on every encounter. We know that by doing so we turn customers into advocates for our business. We want to serve our customers competently, efficiently, knowledgeably and with flair.
- Education – We can generate greater appreciation and loyalty from all of our stakeholders by educating our customers about our products and the industry in general.
- Meaningful Value – We offer value to our customers by providing you with high quality products, extraordinary service and a competitive price. We are constantly challenged to improve the value proposition to our customers.
- Innovation – We constantly innovate and raise our standards and are not afraid to try new ideas and concepts.
- Empowering Work Environments – Our success is dependent upon the collective energy and intelligence of all of our staff members. We strive to create a work environment where motivated staff members can flourish and succeed to their highest potential. We appreciate effort and reward results.
- Self-Responsibility – We take responsibility for our own success and failures. We celebrate success and see failures as opportunities for growth. We recognize that we are responsible for our own happiness and success.
- Open and Timely Information – We believe knowledge is power and we support our technicians’ right to access information that impacts their credentials. We recognize everyone’s right to be listened to and heard, regardless of their point of view.
- Incremental Progress – Our company continually improves through unleashing the collective creativity and intelligence of all of our team. We recognize that everyone has a contribution to make. We keep getting better at what we do.
- Stewardship – We are stewards of our employees’ investments and we take that responsibility very seriously. We are committed to increasing long-term customer and employee value.
- Wise Environmental Practices – We respect our environment and recycle, re-use, and reduce our waste wherever and whenever we can.
- Community Citizenship – We recognize our responsibility to be active participants in our local communities. We give a percentage of our profits every year to a wide variety of community and non-profit organizations.
- Integrity in All Business Dealings – Our trade partners are our allies in serving our customers. We treat them with respect, fairness and integrity at all times and expect the same in return.
Our Code of Ethics
- Time – First and foremost we respect our customer’s time.
- Integrity – We are forthright and truthful in our dealings with customers, employees, vendors and other stakeholders. We keep our promises.
- Respect for the Law – We adhere to all laws, regulations and ordinances that pertain to the plumbing, heating and air conditioning industries as prescribed by federal, provincial and municipal governments. We practice proper financial and accounting procedures in accordance with all laws governing business.
- Excellence – We install, service, repair and replace plumbing, heating and air conditioning parts and systems in strict accordance with the highest industry standards.
- Safety & Reputation – We maintain a clean, safe, respectable and reputable place of business that reflects the high standards of our company.
- Teamwork – We support each member of the team to strengthen our company and build successful long-term relationships.
- Service – We maintain the highest quality customer service to encourage repeat business and enduring relationships with our customers.
- Respect for Others – We treat our customers, fellow employees and other industry professionals with the utmost respect.
- Privacy – We show the utmost respect for the sanctity of our customers’ homes and their privacy.
- Competition – We value fair competition. We advertise, promote and market fairly and accurately and in a manner that reflects the high standards of our company.
We are proud that every day we strive to live up to these standards, and no matter what comes our way, we will continue to do so.