Knight Plumbing, Heating & AC is looking for an experienced Home Comfort Specialist to service customers throughout Calgary and surrounding areas.
The Home Comfort Specialist is responsible for meeting with potential client/customers to determine their requirements in order to help them select and purchase the right product for their residential HVAC needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Home Comfort Specialist is responsible for introducing current and potential new clients to Knights products and services. We do not engage in door to door sales; 90% of your sales leads are company generated.
The Home Comfort Specialist focuses on assisting the client with selecting the right product for current and future needs through educating the client on HVAC requirements, conducting detailed product demonstrations, and providing accurate and detailed sales quotes.
Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
This position is expected to develop their own revenue generation through sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing relationships with existing and potential customers.
What Can You Expect?
This is a full time position, working on average 40 hours per week Monday through Friday.
Some infrequent after-hours and/or weekend work may be required based on customer needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Follow all sales leads for furnace and a/c systems from existing & prospective customers.
- Quote new/replacement furnace & a/c systems using a relationship-based approach.
- Follow up all new heating & a/c systems quotes.
- Convert calls and quotes to sales.
- Report progress to closure for all open quotes weekly to the Service Manager.
- Ensure timely completion of installations and the maximum efficiency in work performance.
- Attend all scheduled department meetings and be prepared to give input into the meeting from a field perspective.
- Maintain an awareness of and supports Knights environmental policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure or initiate efforts to prevent loss of resources, materials, supplies and products caused by customers, staff or suppliers.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety standards and procedures and actively promotes improvements at the work-site.
Qualifications and Skills
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check as well as Drug & Substance testing. A formal job offer will be contingent on satisfactory results.
- Ideally possesses at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role and a proven track record of successful sales experience within the business to consumer market in residential sales
- Strong sales acumen, self-motivated and driven to exceed goals and targets
- Knowledge and experience with residential heating and AC systems/products
- Familiarity with Calgary and area permit and code requirements
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving abstract
- Valid and current CSTS Certification an asset
- Must be committed to excellent customer service and be willing and able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers at all times.
- Must be able and willing to hold a professional attitude and maintain a clean personal appearance at all times.
This is a paid for performance opportunity with high earning potential. You will have full control of your earnings. We offer a competitive starting base wage with the potential to move the successful candidate to a 100% commission base once the successful candidate is established in their role.
Why Work at Knight?
At Knight Plumbing & Heating, we won’t give you a “job”; we’ll give you a CAREER ! Come be a part of our growing team and be a valued contributor to our ongoing success!
- Stability! Knight is a thriving Calgary based company that’s been operating in Calgary and area for almost 50 years – and we’re growing!
- Competitive Pay! We offer competitive compensation packages and we also provide cost sharing for ongoing training, tools and boots.
- Safety is Important to Us! We have the best safety standards in the industry and are a COR Certified
- You’ll get the Respect You Deserve! Everyone at Knight is respected and treated as unique individuals, because the individual’s responsibilities impact them, their co-workers and the company.
- Recognition for a Job Well Done! We believe in giving all our employees the recognition they deserve when they go that “extra mile”.
- We’ll Help You Grow! We encourage ongoing training by helping to share the cost. Your goals and success measurements are determined by you and the company together. We also provide opportunity for High School students during the summer.
- You’ll Have More Fun Working with Us! We pride ourselves on our positive, fun, and family focused company culture. We share our success with our employees and host a variety of company events for staff and their families.
- We’re Recognized! Knight is a three time Home Stars award winner! We’ve received the “Best Of” award for 2016, 2017, and most recently 2018! Three consecutive years of recognized high customer satisfaction!