Knight Plumbing & Heating Ltd. is looking for a general labourer to join our growing team.
This entry level position is suitable for a high-energy junior level candidate interested in learning and potentially pursuing a career in the plumbing and/or HVAC trade.
The successful candidates will be responsible for assisting journeymen and apprentices both on site as well in the warehouse/shop. In addition, candidates will be responsible for picking up/dropping off materials both to and from the warehouse, work sites, and supplier locations.
Qualifications and Skills
- A valid driver’s license with the ability to provide us with a suitable driving abstract.
- Helpful and optimistic attitude with willingness to learn and adapt new skills.
- Dependable and self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Ability to follow direction, both verbal and written.
- Ability to lift & move up to 50lbs.
- A commitment to safe working practices at all times while adhering to our company and industry safety standards.
- Must be able and willing to hold a professional attitude and maintain a clean personal appearance at all times.
Why Work at Knight?
- Stability. Knight is a thriving Calgary based company that’s been operating in Calgary and area for almost 50 years – and we’re growing!
- Competitive pay. We offer competitive compensation packages and we also provide cost sharing for ongoing training, tools and boots.
- Safety is important to us. We have the best safety standards in the industry and are a COR Certified Company.
- You’ll get the respect you deserve. Everyone at Knight is respected and treated as unique individuals, because the individual’s responsibilities impact them, their co-workers and the company.
- Recognition for a job well done. We believe in giving all our employees the recognition they deserve when they go that “extra mile”.
- We’ll help you grow. We encourage ongoing training by helping to share the cost. Your goals and success measurements are determined by you and the company together.
- You’ll have more fun working with us. We pride ourselves on our positive, fun, and family focused company culture. We share our success with our employees and host a variety of company events for staff and their families.
At Knight Plumbing & Heating, we don’t give you a “job”; we give you a career! Come be a part of our growing team and be a valued contributor to our ongoing success!
No phone calls please. Due to high volume of resumes, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.