You’re the best and you want to join a team that appreciates you, where you can create your own opportunities.
Who We Are
Looking for an electrical repairman job? Sun Electrical is a division of Knight (originally named Assured) has been providing exceptional service in Calgary and the surrounding areas since 1970. Knight/Assured has been a member of the Mechanical Contractors Association of Alberta for over 30 years. Knight has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 1991.
We keep on growing because we only hire the best, and our customers love us for it. You’ve probably seen our trucks and our ads. What you don’t know is what it’s like to be a part of a team like this. How much you feel appreciated when you don’t cut corners. How much we inspire ongoing training and education. How much you can earn when you truly are the best. People often come to us looking for a job. They stay with us because they find a fulfilling career, room to grow, and opportunities to excel.
What We Do
We are a team of home service experts who go the extra mile to ensure peak performance for your home’s electrical systems, plumbing, heating and air conditioning..
The Big Task
Working on residential installations and servicing to service residential customers throughout Calgary and surrounding areas to determine service needs, quote prices, and perform repairs.
Key Sub Tasks
- Maintain communication with your team, manager and New Construction Coordinator.
- Take care to maintain a clean, safe and efficient working environment.
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications for heating systems.
- On-site installation and testing of heating systems.
- Clean up and remove service items and waste from premises.
- Properly complete paperwork.
- Have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Participate in training allowing you to grow and develop as a professional.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Must have minimum two (2) years of recent experience in residential service and residential new construction installations.
- AC installation and furnace troubleshooting experience an asset.
- Ability to interpret and follow building prints
- Conduit bending experience an asset
- Solar Photovoltaic experience an asset
- Light commercial experience an asset
- Must be committed to excellent customer service and be willing and able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers at all times.
- Is fully equipped with hand and power tools
- Must be comfortable and capable working at heights
- Must be willing to further education
- Must be a team player
- Must be self motivated
- Has experience estimating and coordinating residential new construction
Conditions of Employment
- A valid driver’s license with a suitable driving abstract as our service techs are required to drive company service vehicles to all customer locations.
- Ability to provide us with a successful criminal background clearance as well as a clear drug test and credit check.
- Valid proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status.
What We Offer
- Company van that is taken home every day.
- Additional Health and Dental Benefits – we pay 50% for you and your family’s insurance premiums for health, dental, life insurance, and long-term disability.
- New technology, including iPhone, iPad & access to integrated software.
- A family. This is last on the list because it’s most important. We care about our team, and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company outings, and you’ll build life-long friendships at Knight’s.
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job – make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are a residential electrician and looking for a great team to join, connect with us!
Why Choose Knight?
Knight is a thriving Calgary based company that’s been operating in Calgary and area for almost 50 years – and we’re growing!
We offer competitive compensation packages and we also provide cost sharing for ongoing training, tools and boots. We also offer a potential retention bonus of up to $2,000.00! *
Safety is Important to Us
We have the best safety standards in the industry and we are COR Certified
You’ll Get the Respect You Deserve
Everyone at Knight is respected and treated as unique individuals, because the individual’s responsibilities impact them, their co-workers and the company.
WAll of our Service Technicians receive company branded uniforms (and laundry service!)
Recognition for a Job Well Done
We believe in giving all our employees the recognition they deserve when they go that “extra mile”.
We’ll Help You Grow!
We encourage ongoing training by helping to share the cost. Your goals and success measurements are determined by you and the company together. We also provide opportunity for High School students during the summer.
You’ll Have More Fun Working with Us
We pride ourselves on our positive, fun, and family focused company culture. We share our success with our employees and host a variety of company events for staff and their families.