Charities and Groups We Support
Here are a few of the causes closest to our hearts:
- 2013 Calgary flood relief: Knight provided sump pumps, made lunches, and employees helped with clean up. You can read more below.
- ALS Society of Canada: donation and ice bucket challenge: We raised over $3,000 for ALS Canada at our Summer 2014 Employee Family Dinner. You can see all of our photos here.
- AISH (Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped)
- Alberta Children’s Hospital
- Calgary Firefighters Burn Treatment Centre
- Calgary Health Trust
- Calgary Humane Society
- Calgary Police Foundation
- STARS Air Ambulance
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Copperfield School
We encourage you to do what you can to support these worthy causes. We also encourage you to recycle and strive for energy efficiency in your daily practices like we do.
The Calgary Flood of 2013
In the late spring of 2013, Calgary’s Bow, Elbow and High Rivers overflowed their banks, flooding nearby homes and businesses. Knight Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning knew it was time to pitch in and help their neighbours.
Today the waters have fallen, and the people of Calgary are doing their best to put the experience behind them. But one thing is for sure: 2013 is a year Calgary will never forget.
At first, the team at Knight offered to volunteer their time, but there were too many people who needed help. President Bernie Wandler decided he was going to pay his Knights to keep helping on company time.
The Knight team pumped out basements, carried people’s precious possessions to safety, and even passed around sandwiches and coffee to keep the energy going.