A Family Business For Three Generations
In 1970, Tony Hinger began offering home services under the name Assured. He looked after his customers well, and they relied on him time and time again. He taught his son-in-law Bernie and grandson Ryan the ropes, and made sure that their plumbing and HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) skills were second to none. As time passed, Tony felt good about handing over more and more responsibility for the business to Bernie.
Bernie wanted to be a different kind of technician. He knew the popular image of plumbers and furnace repairmen was not flattering: uneducated, unprofessional, dirty, and sporting the dreaded crack when leaning over. He wanted to change all that by making sure courtesy, cleanliness and professionalism were just as important as technical expertise. He wanted to truly be a Knight in shining armour to his customers. He wanted to protect their home’s heating and plumbing systems so that his customers never had to worry. He worked hard to make sure every one of his customers was a happy customer who would keep coming back.
With his wife, son and daughter working in the business as well, Bernie knew that the reputation of his entire family was on the line every time a Knight knocked on a customer’s door.
- We hire only highly skilled, licensed technicians who will treat you and your home with courtesy and care.
- We back up our work with a two-year warranty (much more than the usual one-year guarantee).
- You get our unique No-Lemon Guarantee – if there’s a manufacturing defect we’ll replace it for free.
- You know what the work will cost in advance.
Certifications and Customer Service Awards
We are proud to have earned these certifications and customer service awards:
- Knight is Better Business Bureau (BBB) A+ rated
- 2012 BBB Business Ethics Award Winner
- Member of the Mechanical Contractors Association of Alberta
Keeping Up With The Latest Advances
A lot has changed since 1970, and you’ll find that Knight has kept pace. We’re able to advise you on the latest trends, including the incredible array of designer looks, electronic products and eco-friendly options like tankless water heaters.
The one thing we’ll never change is our commitment to keeping your home comfortable.