Beat the Heat With A New Air Conditioning System
Getting the most out of summer can sometimes mean getting relief from the heat. For most people, a window AC unit just won’t cut it – they’re too noisy, ugly, and they just don’t have the power to cool an entire home.
Let Knight come up with the right air conditioning system for your home. We will factor in the specific requirements for your home, your budget, and your energy efficiency requirements.
Brands We Carry
Knight carries air conditioning systems from reliable brands like Trane, Goodman, and Amana.
There are a wide variety of models in these lines with something perfect for every home and energy requirements. We also install a variety of thermostats, including smart thermostats from Honeywell.
To make sure you get the right air conditioning system, talk to Knight.
Why Trust Knight to Install Your New AC?
Since our family started Knight in 1970, we’ve worked hard to serve the people of Calgary and our neigbours in the surrounding communities. Here is our promise to you:
- We are Certified Goodman Asure Care Dealers and Trane Comfort Specialists. We have been specially trained to install their equipment for best performance and longest lifespan.
- We guarantee our work. Our No Lemon Guarantee means you’ll get a system that works – or we’ll take care of it.
- Competitive prices delivered up front. No hidden fees, no mysterious extra labour costs added at the end. Just the whole truth – before we start work.
- Clean, trustworthy, expert technicians. We pride ourselves on our professional and polite behaviour in your home. Our technicians have passed our background check, and attend our weekly customer service training meetings. They know you deserve a technician who arrives on time, installs your air conditioning system correctly, and cleans up before they leave.
- Seniors Get a Discount. We know people over 65 are living on a fixed income, so our discount will help make things just a little bit easier.
Over the years our service has earned us an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We even won the BBB Business Ethics Award in 2012.
Our No-Pressure Sales Process and Fixed-Price Quotes
With Knight there is no pressure to buy something that’s more than you need or to rush your decision. We send a qualified service technician to your home to make an evaluation, learn about your preferences, and recommend a system to you. He includes factors like those we list below. The technician does not earn a sales commission, he’s just there to help you figure out the best model for your needs.
Your price quote is all-inclusive, with costs for installation, any related parts or work, and removal of your old unit (if any). There is no additional hourly rates or any guesswork to do.
Once you have your quote, you get a 30-day window to think about it and feel confident in your decision.
How to Get the Right Central Air Conditioning System for Your Home
Here are some key factors to consider when choosing a system:
- You’re home’s square footage should be matched to the system. It might sound like a good idea to get the most powerful system around, or to save and get a small one. A system that is too small won’t cool your home. A system that is too big will be working inefficiently all the time, costing you more in energy bills. It will also leave a lot of humidity in your house, potentially leading to mould or other damage. You have to get the right size for your home. To find out what you need, you can try the sizing chart here.
- The SEER rating. SEER stands for seasonal energy efficiency rating. The higher the SEER number, the more energy efficient it is – Knight recommends that you go no lower than 13 (they currently go up to 24.5).
- Is it Energy Star rated? Energy Star systems work more efficiently and will save you money on electricity.
- What are your noise requirements? The condensing unit of a central air conditioning system sits outside your home, but some units can be heard through the ductwork. If quiet operation is important to you, make sure your Knight technician is aware of this.
- Do you need different cooling zones in your home? The rooms of your home that are south-facing will require more work to cool than north facing ones. Having multiple thermostats that can control different temperature zones will make for a uniform temperature throughout your home.
- Budgeting. For many of us, the cost of a new AC is important, and may be more important than energy efficiency.