Duct cleaning comes with a lot of benefits for your home and your health.
1. Save Money on Your Energy Bills
Because air in your home recirculates back into your furnace, whatever is in the air will end up in your duct work. That means things like dust, dust mites, hair, dander, mould, and mildew will all accumulate in your ducts. If you own pets, there is even more hair and dander, especially in the spring when your furry friend sheds their winter coat. The buildup in your air ducts will reduce airflow and heating and cooling efficiency, making your system work harder and use more energy. Timely cleaning will help air flow more easily.
2. Fewer Breakdowns for Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
Regular duct cleaning will help avoid maintenance issues that come from dust and dirt build up in your system, and can even help avoid emergency breakdowns. You can read more easy maintenance tips you can do yourself here.
3. Improve the Quality of Your Air
Having your air ducts cleaned improves the quality of air in all of the rooms in your home, and get you closer to that spring fresh feeling you want in your home all year round. For some it can often alleviate health problems relating to allergies to dust mites, mould, mildew and animal hair and dander.
Get your ducts cleaned and enjoy energy savings and fresher air today!
Our 23-Point Duct Cleaning Process
At Knight, ensuring the job is done to our professional standards – and to your satisfaction – is critical. To help you understand how thorough we are, here is a breakdown of all the steps involved in your duct cleaning session in chronological order. About 99% of our duct cleanings proceed according to this process (there are occasional differences for some homes which require alternate access, etc.).
- Ensure proper operation of furnace, then turn off the furnace.
- Turn off electric air cleaner and air conditioning (if applicable).
- Protect floors with protective drop cloths.
- Seal the furnace.
- Locate or cut access holes.
- Mark correct settings on all air dampers and open where necessary for effective cleaning.
- Seal off and clean every hot air register.
- Seal off and clean every cold air register.
- Blow down all hot air ducts.
- Blow down all cold air ducts.
- Clean cold air plenum (circulation space).
- Clean fresh airways and combustion airways.
- Clean and wipe down exterior of furnace.
- Adjust damper(s) to previously marked position(s).
- Ensure all dirt and debris caused by cleaning is cleaned away around ducts.
- Remove seal from furnace.
- Turn furnace back on.
- Check pilot light to ensure it is lit and positioned properly.
- Run through furnace cycles (with truck vacuum in operation) to ensure proper ignition and fan operation and to eliminate dust on the heat exchanger.
- Install clean new air filter.
- Have customer inspect all work done to ensure they are satisfied.
- Verify with customer the condition of all related equipment ie. furnace, humidifier, electronic air cleaner.
- Put sticker on furnace with work performed and checked off. Technician signs sticker and puts recommended next cleaning date as a reminder, notes size of the filter for future changes.
You won’t find a more thorough duct cleaning process anywhere.Book a Call