Our Commercial and Residential Electrical Services
For over 40 years Knight has been working hard to create the kind of electrical service we would want our friends and families to use. Is the power supply in your home unreliable? Do you have mysterious brownouts? We can figure out the problem and fix it. We can help with any wiring upgrades, installations, or electrical panels and custom lighting upgrades.
Electrical Panels and Power Supply
If it has anything to do with a circuit panel, we can do it:
- Upgrading electrical panels. We can add more circuits to your existing panel or convert old fuse boxes to modern breaker-style panels.
- Installing secondary electrical sub-panels. Provide power to garages, sheds, garden features, and workshops.
Wiring and Circuit Upgrades
We’ll make sure your electrical wiring is safe and up to current code:
- Installing modern ground fault interrupt circuits around your home. Make your outlets near sinks and bathtubs safer.
- Installing arc fault interrupt circuits for added safety in your bedrooms, and throughout your home.
- Upgrading any aluminum-to-copper wiring.
- Removal of knob and tube wiring from older homes.
- Grounding and bonding.
Installing electrically powered smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) detectors.
From the smallest project to the largest, we’re here to take care of the electrical aspects of any home renovation.
Whether it’s a single pot light or a full-scale renovation, we’ll ensure it’s done safely and to code. If your job requires a permit, we will arrange that for you.
Emergency Generator Systems
Ensure you’re never without the electricity you need. There are lots of options available, based on what you want to keep powered whenever the grid fails.
You can keep your entire home or business fully supplied, or just ensure your sump pump, freezer, furnace or main lights stay working.
We can provide standby systems that come on automatically when the grid fails and shut themselves off when the power returns. We also have manually operated systems.
Custom Lighting and LED Upgrades
If you want to tailor the lighting design in your home to your exact needs or install special LED solutions like strip lighting, we can help.
We also provide commercial LED lighting system upgrades that are more efficient than fluorescent lighting and last significantly longer.
Some lighting upgrades help you qualify for Alberta government rebates – we’ll not only let you know about them but we will also help you with the paperwork.
Money and Energy Saving Solutions
As technology advances, many upgrades can be made to your home that offer better protection, convenience, and efficiency to your home.
- Better, Safer Wall Outlets– Standard wall sockets may not be the best suited for your needs. We can upgrade them to USB outlets, child-safe outlets, and tamper-resistant outlets.
- Whole-Home Surge Protection– We can install a system that means you have complete freedom to plug electronics into any outlet in your home.
- App-Ready Power and Lighting Systems: Take advantage of advanced thermostats, sensors controls, and even voice command apps for energy savings and convenience.
- Solar Power Systems: Break free from extra carbon taxes and rising electricity costs by generating your own power. We both install and repair most solar power supply systems.
Visit our Electrical Partner, Sun Electrical to learn more about our residential and commercial electrical services.