We currently live in a world where everyone is affected by the COVID-19 virus, causing Calgarians to isolate and practice social distancing. But what happens when critical plumbing and HVAC issues arise? You may be tempted to fix the issue with a DIY solution, but this will leave you liable to future damages and future costs not covered by insurance.
You need a certified company that’s taking all the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 while providing you with an efficient solution to your issue. At Knight Plumbing, our vision stays the same: customers come first. As a business and team, here’s what we’re doing to ensure every customer we interact with is protected and feel safe.
Are We Still Open?
Yes, we are remaining open. None of our team members have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. With that being said, we’re taking precautions to ensure all our staff and working environments are virus-free. We ask that all appointments are made through our website, phone or email. We will not be conducting in-office appointments.
Our offices are equipped with hand sanitizers, and we’re making sure all staff are frequently washing their hands. All commonly-used office tools and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized to prevent any spread of the virus. The time our team now spends in the office is limited too.
What Can You Do To Prepare?
Your job as a customer is to do anything possible to prevent the spread of this virus. We ask our team and all customers to wash their hands before and after the job. Clear any clutter from the work area and disinfect some of the frequently used areas if possible.
- If you are showing symptoms of the virus, have tested positive or have been in contact with a positive case. Please contact our office immediately so that your appointment can be rescheduled for a later date.
- Please ensure that all doors to the items requiring repair or replacement are open and that all light sources to and in our work area are turned on – please note that these lights will be left on after the technician has performed their work.
- Please ensure that we have clear access to the items at all times, our technicians will not be moving our touching any materials equipment, etc. that may be in the way of the repair or replacement.
- Please follow social distancing procedures and maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and the technician.
How We’re Practicing Social Distancing On-The-Job
We understand that right now, allowing anyone other than your family into your home can be a cause for concern. You don’t know who these technicians have interacted with or where they’ve been in the past weeks. This is a sensible concern, so here’s what we’re doing to invoke safety and peace of mind.
Every member of our team is taking the needed precautions to ensure they’re not putting any of our customers at risk. All team members who’ve travelled outside of Canada are asked to stay quarantined for at least 14 days. If any member of our team is showing signs of symptoms, they’ve been instructed to stay at home and contact the proper healthcare professionals. They will then update the office and provide the next steps if required.
Our team will be equipped with gloves and face masks. Before accepting a job, we ensure all customers haven’t recently travelled outside of Canada in the last three weeks. If any customers are showing signs of symptoms, we ask you to notify our staff before the job. Before and after every job, all our tools and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected.
- The technicians will call the client upon arrival to the site to gain access, avoiding touching as many surfaces as possible, including doorbells, door handles, light switches, etc.
- Upon entering the home the technician will then ask to use some soap and water to wash their hands. If this is not available the technician will apply hand sanitizer prior to entering the property.
- The technician will establish the recommended 6-foot physical distance and will proceed directly to the item(s) that need to be repaired or replaced.
- The technician will do their best to limit touching anything on the property other than the item(s) that need to be repaired or replaced.
- Upon finishing the repair or replacement, the technician will ask for verbal authorization to complete the work order and sign on behalf of the client to avoid having to touch any of our devices.
- The technician does carry a point of sale (POS) device for the final payment. In an effort to maintaining social distancing, the tech will ask for your credit card information. The tech will enter this directly into the POS device. If this is not successful the tech will then insert your CC into the POS device and will give you a glove to enter your PIN into the device.
- Once payment has been completed, you will receive an electronic invoice for the work done.
- Upon leaving the property, the technician will once again ask to wash their hands.
Please Practice Social Distancing
It’s a scary time, and there are a lot of uncertainties. Please be mindful of others and practice social distancing. We hope you and your families are safe and well. Please contact us if you have any questions, concerns or require any plumbing/HVAC assistance.