Why Choose Knight Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning?
Give Knight a chance, and we think you’ll agree that we not only provide expert services but friendly service as well. Most of our business is through word of mouth, as our customers tend to refer us to friends and family. But you don’t need to take our word for it – you can read what our customers have to say on HomeStars, on Google, and on our Testimonials page.
4.7 OVER 1300 reviews on Google!
Here are just a few of the reasons our customers come back to us again and again for all their plumbing, heating, and cooling needs.
1. Family Business With Over 40 Years of Trust
Knight (originally named Assured) has been providing exceptional service in Calgary and the surrounding areas since 1970. Knight/Assured has been a member of the Mechanical Contractors Association of Alberta for over 30 years. Knight has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 1991.
Knight began when Tony Hinger started out as a commercial plumbing provider. The business soon expanded to residential plumbing, heating and air conditioning, with Tony’s daughter Belinda and son-in-law Bernie taking active roles. Today they are joined by Tony’s grandchildren Ryan and Meagan, making Knight 3 generations strong. You can learn more about our story on our Company History page.
2. Award Winning Service
We work hard to provide the kind of service that makes our customers return again and again, and we’re pleased to say that we’ve been recognized by several independent organizations for our efforts. We are a HomeStars Best of 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 winner. We have also won the Consumers Choice and Top Choice awards for 2019, 2020 and 2021. In 2012, Knight won the Better Business Bureau’s Business Ethics Award for Southern Alberta and The East Kootenays of British Columbia. Read about our complete list of awards.
3. Emergency Service 24/7/365
When you call, you will speak to a live person every time: no callbacks, no answering machines, no voicemail.
- Phone calls are answered by a customer service representative during normal business hours (Monday-Friday from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM).
- Emergency after-hours calls are responded to by an on-call technician.
- Non-emergency after-hours calls are answered by an answering service representative and forwarded to our customer service representative by 7:30 am the following business day.
We have a true 24-7-365 emergency service with a real person answering the phones.
4. Our Well-Trained, Professional Technicians Are On Time
You’ll be truly impressed with our expertise and service:
- Our technicians are professionally-trained, licensed, and experienced.
- We do background checks on technicians before hiring.
- Technicians participate in regular training meetings to upgrade their skills and stay current on new products, trends, and city code regulations.
- Technicians are in uniforms and look after the customers’ home by using mats and wearing booties. An extra tech will be sent to the home if that’s what’s needed to safeguard floors.
- We have GPS on all our vans for security and to ensure customer appointments are on time.
- Courtesy calls before dispatching a technician to give homeowners peace of mind that the person at their door is from our company.
5. Competitive, Up-Front Pricing
You won’t have to worry about hidden fees:
- Jobs are quoted in advance so you know what to expect before the work starts.
- Seniors get a special discount.
- Financing is available if you need it.
6. Satisfaction Guaranteed
- We stand behind our work. If you are not completely satisfied with our service repair, we’ll happily work with you until you are.
- If there ever is a problem, a supervisor will ensure that you get looked after.
- 1-year parts warranty and 2-year labour warranty on all workmanship.
- Only the best products are installed to minimize warranty issues.
- FREE home safety inspections for your peace of mind.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance and $5,000,000 in Liability Insurance.
Services We Provide:
- Furnace replacement and repairs
- Furnace Cleaning and Maintenance
- Boilers, pump, and controls for steam/hot water heating (radiator systems)
- Gas fitting and controls
- Hot water tanks
- Water and sewer excavation, repairs
- Drain cleaning
- Backflow devices and testing
- Water conditioners
- Power flushing
- AC replacement and repairs
- Video inspection