Frequently Asked Questions
Often on the phone, we get a lot of questions from our customers. Here are some we get most often.
Whether it’s for a repair or an installation, this is the biggest question we get. But unfortunately we can’t answer it without seeing your home.
All homes are unique, and that means the cost to properly repair or install your new fixture or equipment will be unique. It’s just like when you have a health issue – the doctor can’t diagnose it over the phone.
Once we see the issue, we give you a flat rate quote with a full breakdown of all costs. There are no hidden costs of any kind. You approve the quote before work even begins. Best of all, you will never pay a penny more than the quote you approved.
Unlike other companies we’ve heard about, there are no surprise upsells or hidden charges of any kind.
We’d love to be able to say things like, “a new furnace starts at…” like some other companies do.
There are several reasons why we feel it is not ethical to do so:
- You may think you need a new furnace, toilet, water heater in Calgary, but really all you need is a part for your existing one. This can save you a lot of money.
- If you do need a new installation, sometimes our lowest price model won’t work for your home or your needs. There are a lot of variables, and in many cases installing the wrong one can mean your system never truly works for your home, or possibly even costs you more in wasted energy or extra repairs.
- Some companies will give a “ballpark” but the price is never the same as their “ballpark” estimate. It’s almost always higher. It’s actually a way to get their foot in the door and charge more.
- If we “ballpark” too low we would not be providing upfront pricing, and you would think we were lying to you over the phone. If we ‘ballpark” too high then you might think of going elsewhere and you’d miss our award winning service!
We prefer to send a licensed, experienced technician to your home, and let them give you their expert advice, the viable options, and the full price quotes for each up front
We can always provide you with a time window for your appointment, either morning or afternoon. You will also get about one hour’s notice through a courtesy phone call, so you’re not tied to your house waiting.
Our priority is you the client. We do our best to get to everyone as swiftly as possible without decreasing our service philosophy, values and ethics while at another’s home. Every client is important and we want them to feel like they are treated as such on every single service call.
Unfortunately we can’t give more precise arrival times than that, because:
- Sometimes the previous customer asks us to look at additional issues in their home “while we’re there anyway”.
- Some problems end up being more easy to fix than estimated.
- Sometimes serious problems take more time to handle properly.
- Giving clients our full attention and time is what we do for a thorough experience.
- Traffic can be unpredictable.
- We need to ensure our technicians never feel pressured into driving faster than is safe. Our GPS system tracks location, speed, sudden accelerations and braking, and generally holds them accountable.
We’d be more than happy to answer any of your questions directly!
The four most common reasons furnaces shut off unexpectedly are:
- You have a clogged furnace filter
- Your thermostat isn’t functioning correctly
- The furnace’s flame sensor is being blocked
- The furnace is short-cycling, causing it to turn off
For more information on why these things cause your furnace to stop operating, check out this guide about why your furnace may keep shutting off.
Yes! Many studies estimate that you could save between 35-40% on your heating bill each year, especially if you create a smart schedule to maximize your savings.
The older your furnace is, the more a replacement becomes your most cost-effective option.
We have a chart that will help you figure out whether a repair or replacement of your furnace is the right course of action.
Yes, you really do. An annual fall tune up can help with:
- More efficient heating that reduces monthly energy bills
- Reducing the chance of breakdown and repair bills
- Increasing how long your furnace lasts
The most important thing to do is make sure that you get an air conditioner tune up. This will save you money on your cooling bills and actually help your air conditioner last longer. You should also:
- Remove your air conditioner cover
- Clear away branches and debris
- Change the furnace filter
Absolutely! An air conditioner tune up comes with a whole bunch of benefits, including:
- Lower cooling bills
- A lower risk of a surprise breakdown
- A longer AC lifespan
Hot water tanks last on average 8-12 years. Tankless water heaters can last as long as 20 years.
For more information replacing your water heater, read this article about how long your water heater should last>
Installing a water softener can:
- Give you softer skin and hair
- Make your water heater more efficient (saving you money)!
- Lengthen the life of your plumbing
- Make your laundry brighter
- Reduce white-scale buildup